One of the things I got excited about when I found out I was pregnant for the first time was maternity clothes! (yes shallow I know, but hey when you love clothes you love clothes!). I had great ideas about looking fabulous while pregnant in my sweet maternity outfits. I got a bit of a rude shock when I started shopping for clothes. Items were often either boring and dowdy, or too expensive! Countries overseas seem to have so many more options available and this frustrated me to no end! I would often turn to buying ordinary, loose fitting clothes instead, at stores like Jeanswest and Glassons.
In my second pregnancy I was determined to not purchase any breastfeeding clothes that I wouldn’t also wear normally. So many breastfeeding tops are ugly, and so obviously “nursing” wear! I was annoyed to find a couple of new online maternity stores had cropped up towards the end of my last pregnancy, and of course by this stage there was no point in buying anything new! One of these was HappyMum Maternity – finally somewhere that sells cute, stylish and modern maternity clothes! I was a bit gutted to find this website so late, so definitely check it out. Some of the clothes are a little on the pricey side, but for clothes like theirs it doesn’t seem to matter. Many of their pieces could definitely be worn post-pregnancy as well.
So for those of you interested, below I have compiled a list of the stores and websites I have found where you can buy maternity and breastfeeding clothes, both here in New Zealand, and also overseas (that ship to New Zealand). If you know of somewhere else please let me know so I can add it to the list!
New Zealand Maternity & Breastfeeding Clothes
- Pumpkin Patch
- Farmers (they are finally stocking a maternity range!)
- Happy Mum Maternity
- Mrs Smith Maternity
- Maternity World
- Belly Beyond
- Egg Maternity
- 3 Bears
- Rock your Bump
- Latch Nursing and Maternity Wear
- Mummy Matters
- The Warehouse – they only sell maternity singlets and bras, and no longer sell maternity clothing
- TradeMe – there is a huge range of maternity and nursing clothes available through TradeMe now. I personally have purchased both new and good quality second hand clothes for both my pregnancies.
- The Pregnancy Loft – a collection of new, and affordable second hand maternity clothes, from brands such as Asos and Egg.